Note: You can use the annotations feature only if it is enabled for you.
Objective Connect gives you the ability to add annotations to Microsoft Office documents, Abode PDF documents and images. You can use different annotation tools such as freehand drawing, text highlight, drawing shapes and text boxes to make your notes on documents. For example, if you want to prepare for a board or committee meeting, you can add your annotations as 'margin notes' for your reference.
Supported (annotations switch) *
Microsoft Edge Chromium
Objective Connect mobile app version 2.3 onwards
* Supported (annotations switch) means that once you navigate to the default document preview in Objective Connect, you will then have to select the on-screen option to switch to the full preview with the annotations functionality.
This annotation switch is added in mobile views and older browsers to maintain user experience due to the potential for longer document loading times because of factors such as operating system version, document size and complexity or network connection.
You will not be able to toggle and view existing annotations until the document has been loaded in annotation mode.
On iPad Pro, rather than opening up in the default document preview and then switching to the annotation view, a document opens in the full preview with annotations functionality like it would appear on a desktop.
Annotations can be set as either public or private. Only you can view your private annotations and all participants can view public annotations.
As a workspace owner and a participant, you are able to manage annotations in your workspace:
- add annotations to documents
- view your annotations and other participants' public annotations
- as a workspace owner, you can set participants' public annotations as private
- as a workspace owner, you can save annotations as a PDF document.