Editing documents in Microsoft Office Online
Note: This feature is available on an Enterprise edition of Objective Connect and only when it is enabled for you.
To edit documents in Microsoft Office Online, you need to have:
- A Microsoft account to log into Microsoft Office Online
- As a workspace participant, the 'edit online' ability.
You can edit only Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word documents which have a pptx, xlsx and docx extensions in Microsoft Office Online.
- In Objective Connect, go to the workspace that has the document you wish to edit.
Select for the document listed in the Documents section, then . Alternatively, open the document's preview and then select the button and .
Microsoft Office Online will open in a new browser tab. Depending on browser settings, you may need to allow Objective Connect to open a new tab or window, or allow pop-ups for Office Online to successfully open.
If this is the first time you are using Microsoft Office Online, you will be prompted to enter your Microsoft account credentials.
The document opens up in Microsoft Office Online.
- After you have made your changes, close your document in Microsoft Office Online.
When a document is being edited in Microsoft Office Online, an icon is displayed next to it. For example:
- If you are using Microsoft Edge (based on Chromium), ensure that in your Tracking prevention to Balanced. > , you have set
- To maintain the security of sensitive documents, document download is disabled from Microsoft Office Online.
- When you are editing a document in Microsoft Office Online, if a new document version is uploaded in Objective Connect or if Objective Connect Link pushes a new version, your changes will be not be considered and will be overwritten.
- If several participants are updating a document in Microsoft Office Online, Objective Connect waits for everyone to close the document in Microsoft Office Online before creating a new version in Objective Connect.